Re: Tonneau stretching?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau stretching?
From: Glenn Schnittke <glenns@edge.ercnet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 19:44:33 -0500 (CDT)
>Date: Sat, 27 Apr 1996 09:28:50 -0400
>From: RJohn50603@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Tonneau stretching?
>
>Angelo,
>
>Thanks for your comment. I just bought a new tonneau for my '73MGb ($216,
>delivered) and it came with a warning not to use anything other than soapy
>water to clean it with.
>
>I just hate not being able to use some Armor-All on it when detailing the
>car. I'm afraid it's going to look "dead" after a few months. I guess I'll
>wait and see.
>
>R. Johnson - Dallas

I just recently was talking with a friend about tonneau cleaning and he said
that the tonneau for his boat came with a recommedation of cleaning with
soapy water and finish with Pledge. No mention of whether to use Lemon
Pledge or not. I still haven't tried it, but I do need to find something to
keep the black from bleeding all over my nice primrose yellow paint. Maybe a
good wash and a waxing..

While we're on the subject of cleaning - I'm looking for something to keep
my chrome wires clean. I've been using "Eagle One Chrome & Wire Wheel
Cleaner" and have found it tends to leave a film that has to be wiped off.
Anyone find anything better?

Glenn
The universe is inherently funny.

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com

'74 MGB - fatally wounded
'69 MGB - prim little touring car