Pick Ur Parts

To: British-Cars-Pre-War@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pick Ur Parts
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 00:53:13 -0400
Fellow Prewarriors and Others of the Marque,  Last week I was talking to a
chap in South Carolina, Bill Broome, who sez he as the largest scrap yard on
the east coast and has been in the business 40 years,  over 850 British cars
in the yard including a SS1 , two Triumph Mayflowers, and other exotics....He
had the Opel Kadette bumper guards I need for my Arnolt MG restoration.  Why
Kadette bumpers you ask?  Well it turns out that Mr. Bertone and Mr. Opel
both fabricated almost identical bumpers in cross section albeit 20 years
apart....but that is another story.

What Mr. Broome told me that may be of interest to you is that he has a line
on 10 XPAG engines complete with gearboxes in England and that if he can get
commitments for 3 or 4 (with contingencies of course), he would go over and
check them out for condition and completeness and import them if they check.
 I have no financial interest in passing this along, its just that I know
XPAG's are hard to find these days, especially ones with good cranks.  Whats
Moss want for a new crank?  $1600 or so....This yard also must hold some
precious junk as well....!

Anyway, I have Broomes phone no. at the office so if anyone wants to talk to
him, email me and pass on the number.

Cheers, Terry