Re: The new MG's

To: "Stephen J. Hall" <shall@maltanet.omnes.net>
Subject: Re: The new MG's
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 15:43:10 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 2 May 1996, Stephen J. Hall wrote:

> Hi Guy's
>
> What's all this deadness about new MG's
>
> doesn't anybody care about the marque in this day and age.
>
> If not may I be the first to call all of you a bunch of self centered
> creeps who live in a world of your own.
>
> In the past month or so all I've seen is text about the classic MG's
> which I love dearly, but I feel a little credit should go into the new
> ones once in a while don't you?

Why don't you write something about them then?

Also, a major appeal of our cars is that they are old. They need work, we
can improve them every day (by repairing something).
Also, if '67 MGB's were sold new now, and they would by now be as
plentyful as Miatas, a lot of people on this list would not drive one,
they wouldn't be anything special.

Personal Comment:
If I had to buy a new car and I'd have the choice between
MGF, Fiat Barchetta, BMW Z3, and Miata,
I would probably buy the Miata! <No comments please>

My opinion was formed after reading a recent comparison test of the 4 in
Germany's larges car mag.

Ulix (I don't like new cars)

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy

"I have drove Fords exclusivly when I could get away with one. [It] has
got ever other car skinned and even if my business hasent been strickly
legal it don't hurt enything to tell you what a fine car you got in the
V-8."
                Clyde Barrow (of Bonnie and Clyde)
                in a thank-you note to Henry Ford, 1934