Re: The new MG's (LONG RANT!)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The new MG's (LONG RANT!)
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 May 1996 00:39:44 -0400
I couldn't agree with Ulix more.

I like to go sailing, for example.  Certainly, if my only aim were to cross
the water quickly and efficiently, a modern speedboat would be just the
thing. However, it's missing the point:  I like the getting there.  There is
just as tangibly different a feel to sailing a boat versus driving a
speedboat as there is between driving my MGB and driving my wife's Dodge
Spirit. Truthfully, the Spirit can just about toast my knackers at any
stoplight, and certainly gets better gas mileage. Who cares?

'Those days', my friend, are not over.  Truthfully, they're never over ...
just the mass production runs are. If there were no romantics amongst us, who
enjoy the feel of wind and the sound of a nice little chain-driven engine, I
think the world would be a sadder (if more efficient) place.  I'm hoisting a
pint tonight for those of us who steer by our own outdated stars; to the
friends of the sailboat, the steam engine, the biplane and, of course, to the
timing chain and points driven, polluting, aerodynamics-be-damned and Lucas
benighted LBCs.  Cheers to us, one and all.

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'