Bleeding the clutch line...

To: "MG's List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bleeding the clutch line...
From: "Michael L. Hendrick" <104405.1163@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 6 May 1996 13:06:23 -0400
After 4 attempts at bleeding the clutch system on my '78 Midget project, I
have to ask what the secret is.  I've tried following the shop manual
procedure with a rubber hose, jam jar half filled with brake fluid and
opening/closing the bleed screw with each press/release of the clutch, as
well as using one of these (worthless?) one man bleed kits with the check
valve on the end.  It seems that when the bleed screw is closed, and the
pedal released I'm getting a vacuum that pulls any expelled air back up
from the drain tube as soon as I crack the screw back open.  There must be
a better way than trying to force air out the lowest point in the system.

---
Michael Hendrick
74 & 78 Midget