Re: More wheels & tires...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: More wheels & tires...
From: "Jerry Causey" <reecau@whidbey.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 1996 21:26:58 -0800
I think the V-8 conversions which were briefly offered over here by
Costello & friends were fitted with 5.5x 15 Minilike alloy wheels,
fitted with 195x60 HR 15 tires. I have 195x60 HR 14 on my GT, which
still leaves about 3 inches between the muffler and the pavement. I
just have to be very careful driving over speed bumps.

Regards,
Jerry Causey

--------------original message follows----------------

> I'd like to put low-profile tires on my 72 B (eventually), but am concerned
>about having too low of a ride
> height, as well as messing up the power transfer ratio.  I'd like to use some
>sort of aluminum wheel, so I was
> thinking about using MGC aluminum wheels (these are 15 inch rather than 14
>inch, right?), but wasn't sure if
> even that would be enough to compensate.  By the way, I'm going on the
>assumption of the low-pro's having
> about 3-4 inch sidewalls...if this is way off, I'm sure someone will harrass
>me about it <g>.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jay