More wheels & tires...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More wheels & tires...
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <#simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 1996 00:06:49 -0400
This raises one of my recently stewed questions...

Fair warning:  The following may make some of you folks cringe.

I'd like to put low-profile tires on my 72 B (eventually), but am concerned
about having too low of a ride
height, as well as messing up the power transfer ratio.  I'd like to use some
sort of aluminum wheel, so I was
thinking about using MGC aluminum wheels (these are 15 inch rather than 14
inch, right?), but wasn't sure if
even that would be enough to compensate.  By the way, I'm going on the
assumption of the low-pro's having
about 3-4 inch sidewalls...if this is way off, I'm sure someone will harrass me
about it <g>.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jay