Re: Anti-roll bar hit the lower pan

To: Kazuya Horibe <midget@megumi.system.nitech.ac.jp>
Subject: Re: Anti-roll bar hit the lower pan
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 09:14:51 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 21 May 1996, Kazuya Horibe wrote:

> Hi,all:
>
> I've a '79 midget 1500.
>
> I have the impression about rubber bumper midget that
>  its suspension(spring and damper) is very soft and its height is little high.

I think you are right!

> So I installed 'lowering kit (1inch)','spax gas damper kit'
> and 'competition use Anti-roll bar (11/16)'.

Great! Did you also lower the rear?

> It's very good and fun,
> but the problem is that Anti-roll bar sometimes hit the lower pan.

Do you mean it hits the Control Arm, also called the A-arm?

> I think the best way to prevent from it
> is Anti-roll bar link change long one.

Yes, you are probably correct, that longer links would help. The question
is, what kind of links are you using? Do you have the original type links
with ball-shaped ends, or do you have the universal (ADDCO) type, which is
basically made of a long bolt, some spacers washers and replacable rubber
(or nylon) bushings?

If you have this type, you can get two diffrent lengths from ADDCO. I
bought mine through Victoria British. If your short ones are still good,
simply buy longer bolts and make some spacers, and you'll have the same
thing!

If you use the original type, I can't really help you. You can NOT change
to the universal type. If you can't find longer ones, maybe you can have
them cut and a piece of rod welded in.

Good Luck,
Ulix

> But I don't know how and where to get it.
>
> What's your opinion?
> Can I have another choice?
>
> Please give me some advice.
>

> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> ~  Kazuya Horibe (midget@megumi.system.nitech.ac.jp)  ~
> ~    I'm daily driver Midget 1500 in Japan.           ~
> ~    He has stage 3 tuning engine and Weber DCOE 40.  ~
> ~    I love MG.                                       ~

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy