Re: Anti-roll bar hit the lower pan

To: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Anti-roll bar hit the lower pan
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 15:44:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 23 May 1996, Stephen Brook wrote:

> > >I just thought of another solution.
> > >Suppliers of race parts (for instance Winners Circle) sell links for your
> > >bar made of "spherical rod ends". They are adjustable in length!
> > >They are made for racing and have no rubber in them. This should work for
> > >you.
> > >I can't really think of a way to explain in words how these look.
> >
> > I would say it called 'Pillow ball'.(spelling?)
> > It is for race use.
>
> Are we talking about rose-joints here? I think that's what
> the description is.

Well, I guess in the US we call it a "spherical rod end", in the UK
"rose-joint", "pillow ball" in Japan, "Kugelkopf" in Germany,...

I had been looking for a way to describe them without using the actual
name. Anyhow, this is the only link that could be used in this case
without any fabricating, I think. Also, I feel they should work OK on the
street
because here it is used to connect two bits that are mounted in bushings
to the body (the roll-bar and the control arm), so that problems that
otherwise arise from the use of rose-joints (I think I like this name
best) on street suspensions should not appear (short life, harsh and noisy
action).
Just my opinion,
Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy