Re: Q. books on mgtd's ? which ones?

To: mgs4dave@warwick.net, danko@dutchpu.tudelft.nl
Subject: Re: Q. books on mgtd's ? which ones?
From: DGeis@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 03:27:09 -0400
Danko:

I recently bought "The Complete M.G. Restoration Manual" by Horst Schach.  I
was somewhat surprised to find absolutely nothing about carburetors,
generator, starter, fuel pump, etc.  Therefore, I think the use of the word
"complete" is a bit strong.  I guess that you are supposed to get this info
somewhere else.  However, it appears to be the best I've seen on body
restoration.  There is also  a "T Series Restoration Guide" by Malcolm Green
available from Moss Motors.  I don't know anything about its contents.  Maybe
someone else on the list will comment on it.

A tremendous font of all sorts of good facts is "The T Series Handbook" put
out by the New England 'T' Register.  I've recently seen pictures of it in
catalogs with a new cover since the one I have which came out in 1986.  I
don't know if there are changes in the text also.

Another good source of information are the catalogs from Moss Motors and
Abingdon Spares.  _Almost_ every part is illustrated in these catalogs.

The MG Midget Series TD and TF Workshop Manual is, in my opinion, much better
than those that cover all of the T's because it is easier to sort out the
information pertinent to the TD.

I don't know the T Series Restoration Guide by Knudson that you mentioned.  I
would like to know more about it.  Is it available?  Does any one on the list
know about it?

Hope this will be of help.

Dave G. (Sick 53 TD)