Re: Trip to England and Honeymoon Route

To: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Trip to England and Honeymoon Route
From: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 19:41:47 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 23 May 1996, Stephen Brook wrote:

> Reliant unfortunately went under recently, with debts of around uk pounds 2
> million. However, the son of a senior Jag engineer has apparently decided to
> rescue them. But are we *really* sad to see the passing of such a ridiculous
> vehicle??

Reliant.  Hmmm...  Were they the makers of the blue 3-wheeled van that we
keep seeing in episodes of Mr. Bean?  In one episode, it backed up
suddenly.  Because the single front wheel was turned, the sudden reversal
caused it to roll over on its side.

I guess it is appropriate that a company that would make such a car would
go belly up.

Ray

P.S.  Some of my best friends are lawyers.   Well, OK, *one* of my best
friends is a lawyer.

                gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu  (802) 656-8910