Re: Batteries

To: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Subject: Re: Batteries
From: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 04:44:24 -0600
>On Thu, 23 May 1996, Marc Steinberg wrote:
>

>> I seem to be the proud owner of two dead-as-a-doornail 6volt batteries.
>> Anybody care to opine?  I sure would like to go with the single 12volt
>> unless there really is a good functional reason to stay with the little guys.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> -- Marc
>>

>I agree. I wouldn't trade in my 2 six volters.
>

>David Councill
>dcouncil@imt.net

        I concur,  I was convinced against my better judgement to replace
my 6 volts w/ a single 12 Volt.  The argument was. "Six Volts are old.  12
Volts are new and better."  This was a specious argument and I should have
been more suspicious.  The simple (small-brained male) test of "which
choice is heavier" should have led me down the right path.
        I did, in fact, notice a reduction in cranking power when I changed
over.  It seems to start the car however and I will make the change back to
6 Volts in a couple of years when the 12 Volt fails.
        In short, Go for 6 Volters.  Good Luck.

Michael MacLeod    From Alberta - On the Eastern Slope of the Canadian Rockies
'68 BSA Spitfire        '60 MGA                         2 Old Martin Guitars
'83 BMW R100 RS         '90 Subaru (driver)             1 Old Gibson Archtop
                        Config.Sys.Poop  (Get a Mac)