Re: Batteries

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Batteries
From: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 09:55:49 PST
     In regards to the question of 6V batteries vs. 12V:

     I've owned two MG's; one had the 6V system, and my current one has the
     12V system.  I love* my 12V.  It feels so strong compared to the 6V
     that if I run out of gas someday I might just drive it the last half
     mile on the starter. <g>

     When I had the 6V system, I had to constantly check specific gravity
     and trickle charge them in the winter to make them work.  From what
     I'm reading on the list, I must admit it seems I had more trouble with
     the 6V then some, so perhaps I should have replaced them.  Oh well, it
     was* my first MG...

                                Michael Lytton
                                1970 MGB "Stinger"
                                mlytton@teleport.com            (home)