Re: headlights...

To: "W. R. Gibbons" <gibbons@northpole.med.uvm.edu>
Subject: Re: headlights...
From: Chip Old <fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us>
Date: Sun, 26 May 1996 19:14:48 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 26 May 1996, W. R. Gibbons wrote:

> Actually, I'm not sure that halogen non sealed beams are illegal on the
> road, these days.  My Accord came from the factory with what appear to be
> non-sealed beam halogens (haven't looked at it too close, but the bulbs
> sure seem separate) so the laws may have changed.

Many new cars now come with non-sealed halogens with separate bulbs,
but I believe the car manufacturers have to get DOT approval for each
design.  As far as I know, none of the aftermarket lights are DOT
approved.

Chip Old                      1948 M.G. TC  TC6710  NEMGTR #2271
Cub Hill, Maryland            1962 Triumph TR4  CT3154LO (daily driver)
fold@mail.bcpl.lib.md.us

If cars had evolved as fast as computers have, by now they'd cost a
quarter, run for a year on a half-gallon of gas, and explode once a day.