Re: headlights...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: headlights...
From: Barry Berg <barry.berg@nwa.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 11:36:37 -0700
W. R. Gibbons wrote:

> Actually, I'm not sure that halogen non sealed beams are illegal on the
> road, these days.  My Accord came from the factory with what appear to be
> non-sealed beam halogens (haven't looked at it too close, but the bulbs
> sure seem separate) so the laws may have changed.

They still are, the cars that come in like your accord with separate
bulbs come in with an exception on a model by model basis.  Sort of
a rubber stamp but the non sealed beams are still illegal for the
LBC's

I have never heard anyone being busted for that.

Regarding the output load of the alternator.  A good size (amperage)
battery will buffer the load on the alternator.  A better solution
is replace the alternator.  I have a Lucas Alternator rebuilt by
Bosch which has never given me any trouble, and supplied more than
adequate load for the car.

TTFN
==barry

--
When your car is in the air, the accelerator doesn't work!
The brakes don't work!  The steering doesn't work!...Nothing works!!!