79MGB Clutch prob.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 79MGB Clutch prob.
From: curt1@ix.netcom.com (Curtis A. Metz)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 19:20:00 -0700
I'm cruisin' down to go get my smog check(in N. CA) and thinking I
might make it to DMV in time to get it registered (first time in 6
years) if I pass .

I was shifting from 2nd to 3rd and it wouldn't go. I pulled over
managed to get it into first, turned around and came home and it
shifted but very hard. Turns out I was nearly out of clutch fluid, the
rubber boot on the slave cylinder was in pieces. Took of slave,
replaced the rubber bits, refitted and bled. No problems. Well until I
tried to go anywhere. It won't go into gear.

Did I do something wrong? Do I need a new clutch? I really don't want
to take my engine out... again. It's in the low 80's (Farenheit). I
want by baby to go.