Re: MPG

To: gcappelletty@valleynet.com, marc@crl.com
Subject: Re: MPG
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 1996 09:12:20 -0400

> This is gonna mark me as a geek for all time, but I noticed a 5 - 7 mpg
> increase when I started routinely obeying the speed limit and not trying
> to cut off the next guy every time  (done for sanity and insurance's
> sake).  Higher octane gas also seems to help.  Finally, make sure your
> carb is tuned properly...

I seem to recall that above 45 MPH the areodynamic drag effects really
start to increase rapidly with increasing speed. Unfortunatly 65-70 mph
feels the most comfortable to me. Maybe if they taught and allowed
drafting we could save a few gallons.

Mark "I'm not tailgating, I'm conserving" Jurras  = =o&oO&O