Re: The Prince of inadequate lighting has found me!

To: TUSLER%MP050@mpa15ab.mv.unisys.com
Subject: Re: The Prince of inadequate lighting has found me!
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 1996 14:08:35 -0400

> THE FUSE BOX!!!  In the A, the fusebox
>has large square brass blocks into which the wires connect, and clips which
>hold the fuses to the blocks.  Some moron checked the fuses, and replaced
>one BETWEEN the clips! Aaaaaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhh! The DCA strikes again!!
>Putting the fuse between the clips shorted the circuits.
>  It sure was nice driving MILOU today.
>  It had been a long time since I'd stuck my head under the dash.  I'd
>forgotten how (relatively) pleasant it is behind the dash of an MGA.
>Uncluttered, open, spacious, and easy to see and work.  Try that in a M***a!

A not uncommon problem--inserting the fuse between the fuse clips didn't
short the circuit, it merely connected the hot fuse between terminals A1-A2
to the switched fuse (terminals A3-A4), so no matter what you do with the
ignition switch the car contionued to run.  BTW, in case you ever lose your
keys.....John Trifari  1955 Healey BN1 (same wiring as an A)/1980 MGB