Timing

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Timing
From: Par.O.Engstrom@telia.se
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 96 21:19:27 +0200
Hi all.

I'm about to start my engine after a major
rebuild and I'm having some problems with
retiming the ignition.When the correct
timing mark on the pulley is aligned and
the no: 1 cyl has both valves closed and is
at tdc where exactly is the rotor supposed to
point, in the Hayes manual it only say's
at the no 1 cyl segment of the distributor cap.
What I mean is, if one devides the cap in four
90 deg. segments, should the rotor be in the
beginning or at the end of said segment??
I don't want to crank it anymore then I have to
this first time.

Does anybody know what I'm waffling about???
Anybody???

Par, MGB -72  Sweden