Re: Roof Ripping

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@blackknight.isocan.com>
Subject: Re: Roof Ripping
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 1996 04:56:48 -0700 (PDT)
You and the rest of the GT-loving world would be much happier if you
simply bought a roadster.  For starters:

Fenders & windshield:  The roadster's windshield is part of the
stiffening strength of the front end.  Each side column ends in a dog leg
that passes through holes cut in the fenders and then bolts undrneath the
dash.  Even if you didn't have to change out the side vents, door skins,
trunk, rear wings, and make sure your rockers and sills were in good
shape, the cost & availability of the fenders and windshield assembly
alone should be enough to deter you -- you'll need a used windshield
frame (can't find new) and 2 new fenders @ $350 or so apiece.

There are plenty of roadsters to be had for reasonable prices still -- no
need to put yourself through hell and incidentally destroy what sounds
like a perfectly nice GT.

Whatever you decide, best of luck...

-- Marc

'63 B, in the body shop for 16 months, 13 days