Re: Fool pumps

To: mgs%autox.team.net@aphub.aerojetpd.com,
Subject: Re: Fool pumps
From: KILE_PAUL@aphub.aerojetpd.com (Paul D Kile)
Date: 03 Jul 96 14:11:50 PDT
Great info, Bonds, however also be aware that before SU began using
diodes, they used capacitors (condensers) across the points to limit
the effect of the spark.  These were made also in both positive and
negative ground versions as well, however if hooked up backwards
these pumps would continue to operate (with reduced point life).
Newer diode equipped pumps will fail instantly if hooked up in
reverse polarity.

You can't tell easily from the outside if you have a condenser or
diode, except for the latest pumps (these had a cylinder shaped bulge
in the plastic points cover to clear the diode, earlier pumps did
not).  I believe the part numbers for the condenser and diode pumps
are different.  I will check this in my Burlen Fuel Systems catalog
and post something next week.

Paul (Tiktiktik........bonk with hammer.........Tiktiktik) Kile

Paul D. Kile

kile_paul@aphub.aerojetpd.com

(916) 355-5162
GenCorp Aerojet