Re: Fool pumps

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fool pumps
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 07:25:34, -0500
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> Date: Saturday, 06-Jul-96 01:08 AM
>
> From: Barneymg@aol.com         \ America On-Line: (BarneyMG)

> Subject: Re: Fool pumps
>

> Don't temp fate.  If you rebuild it, it will quit working next week.
Put
> the rebuild kit in the boot with a few of the appropriate tools.
Murphy
> says if you have all the right bits in your posession you will never
need
> them.
>
> Barney Gaylord -

Barney has a good point. In 1966 I broke down in a  midnight rain storm
in Brinkley Arkansas in a Datsun Fairlady.  The rub block on the points
had broken off. Had to take a bus 90 miles to the nearest Datsun
dealer.
( points cost 2.95, bus ticket and tow 75.00)
For twenty years I ALWAYS threw my old points and condenser in the boot
as a spare.  The one time I took a trip without the spare points and
condenser, yeap  condenser quit outside Chinook Montana!

Bob Nogueira