Re: Battery charging

To: merles_mum@msn.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Battery charging
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 00:55:05 -0400
This will sound like a flame but I don't mean it to be......if you don't have
enough basic knowledge of how two 6 volt batteries are connected in series to
form a 12 volt system, please don't try to charge them yourself....take the
car to some one who knows how.   Otherwise you are risking wrecking havoc on
the batteries, your electrical system and the charger.   Some DPO might have
reversed your polarity so it is impossible to tell you how do it by long
distance.

You should be able to look at the batteries themselves and decern what is
positive and what is negative and how the jumper between the batteries is
connected and whether the +12v is grounded or not but given the tone of your
message, I wouldn't risk it if I were you.

Safety Fast
TErry