Re: Battery charging

To: TATERRY@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery charging
From: Dennis & Stephanie Littrell <dlittrel@northernnet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 1996 11:28:52 -0500 (CDT)
At 12:55 AM 7/6/96 -0400, you wrote:
>This will sound like a flame but I don't mean it to be......if you don't have
>enough basic knowledge of how two 6 volt batteries are connected in series to
>form a 12 volt system, please don't try to charge them yourself....take the
>snip<

Well, Terry, I appreciate your concern. But it shakes out like this: I've
owned my B for less than 2 months. All my other vehicles (all the way back
to my '55 Pontiac) have had a single 12-volt battery. I can't recall ever
getting into trouble by asking a dumb question. I have, however, had a few
(just a few!) times when I should have asked for advice and didn't, and
found myself in a real mess. Besides, what good is this list if we newbies
can't get a little bit of help from the "old-timers"?
For five or ten minutes of their time, a couple of folks (thanks, Wayne)
have actually ensured that I charge the batteries properly, and maybe made
my weekend a little safer and a little bit more fun (the B is up and
running. Down side: it's raining). So, you'll probably be seeing more dumb
questions from me in the future. Sorry.

Dennis "asbestos jockey shorts" Littrell
'73 B Roadster (NOT blown up ~B-)"Shirley Valentine"
"A good man knows his limitations." Dirty Harry Calahan