NAMGBR and AMGBA\Rivalry\what's the problem?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: NAMGBR and AMGBA\Rivalry\what's the problem?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 16:21:14 -0700
Here I go kicking the land mines again, but I don't get it. There are 2
quality national clubs in the USA, The American MGB Association and The
North American MGB Register. The way I look at it is, this is great,
they both have Newsletters that arrive every other month and usually 4
weeks apart from each other and they both plan events so there is twice
as much fun stuff to do. I happen to belong to both as well as 3
smaller local clubs. I write an occasional article, OK I write at least
one article a month for "Skidmarks"  Long Island Centre's monthly
newsletter. The newletter is sent to "The British Marque Club News" and
excerpts are published each month. I also submit articals to The "MGB
Driver"(NAMGBR's publication) and The "Octagon" (AMGBA's). Here's where
the trouble began.
I wrote an article "This will B the last MG, I promise" and submitted
it to both. I will tell you I sent it to one first but when it did not
appear after 2 issues I sent it to the other thinking the first was
uninterested. Low and behold they both printed it and with in 3 weeks
of each other. A friend from my local club was in Indy and met up with
one of the clubs board members and was told to give me a message. The
message was, If I plan on sending an artical to the other club Don't
bother sending it to them. I hope this was just the isolated opinion of
this one particular person and not that of both clubs entire staff of
board members.
I have written a follow up to the original story and submitted it to
both Clubs for publication. I think that most people are members of one
or the other club and as a member of both I have the right to try and
reach my fellow member in both clubs. If one or both factions have a
problem with this I do not wish to continue my membership with them. I
hope thoses of you who read the artical enjoyed it and that if the two
previously mentioned Club's editors find my follow up artical of
quality to print, that they do. Thanks for reading this I feel better
now, David Deutsch