re:NAMGBR and AMGBA\Rivalry\what's the problem?

To: "MIKE_J2@SFOV1.VERIFONE.COM" <MIKE_J2@sfov1.verifone.com>
Subject: re:NAMGBR and AMGBA\Rivalry\what's the problem?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 18:36:47 -0700
You wrote:
  I don't think it is really a rivalry between the clubs, probably
>just concerns about copyright and license rights between their
>publications.  And this brings us to the legal arena where I'll duck
and run
>mj.

There is no legal issue. There is no fee being paid the writer and the
two organizations are not for profit.
MGCC Long Island Centre is the local club I'm most active in and it is
an afiliated chapter of both of these fine Clubs. I write the articals
as a way of sharing my enthusiastism with people I have a common
interest with. The only issue is as a member of both clubs do I have
the right to ask both boards to print the same article? I refuse to get
in the middle of a "my clubs better than your club" thing. One more
little thing the follow up was writen by request of one the clubs after
having received a positive reponse from my fellow members. In case it
does not make it into Either Octagon or MGB Driver it can be found in
this month's issue of The British Marque Club News.David Deutsch