RE: Battery charging/In praise of silly questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Battery charging/In praise of silly questions
From: "Vicky Groody" <merles_mum@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 96 17:54:51 UT

>So keep those "dumb" questions coming, I'm sure there are those of us
>(like Ray Gibbons, Gary Anderson, and Yours Truly) who won't mind
>answering them.

Well you did ask.....
Our ongoing saga with the electrics on our latest aquisition, Busby, the '64
MGB.   We have charged the batteries... Thank you all for advice...
We have even jump started  ... thank you all again...
Problem... Busby still refuses to budge!
He clicks when the ignition is turned, and it sounds as though it's comming
from an area on the left of the engine, which my husband Steve thinks might be
the starter motor/solenoid???.

We really would like to learn more, particularly as garages will know very
little about the problems associated with the LBC (little darlings!).

Suggestions very welcome, as although we are in the home of the LBC we are
very green at the moment.
Thanks,    Vicky and Steve.