Re: cylinder head temperatures

To: kboetzer@auspex.com
Subject: Re: cylinder head temperatures
From: TRIFARI@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 1996 14:43:37 -0400

<< 165 degrees F should be just fine. I can't touch the readiator hoses on
any of my
 cars while there at running temp. I'm not sure what the temps for that
position
 would be but I would expect between 175-200 F.  ?

 Is there some problem? Boil over, hot stop burping out of coolant, or some
other
 clinical sign of trouble? If not, drive it!

Ken--no "problem"--car runs fine.  It just seems to be running hotter than it
should.  I make the comparison with my Healey--a notoriously hot running car,
and believe that the MGB is even hotter.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I did not
think that MGBs ran that hot.  Thanks for your help--John Trifari  1980
MGB/1955 Healey BN1