Re: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2

To: BarneyMG@aol.com
Subject: Re: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2
From: "G.J." <johnsong@is.dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:45:18 -0300 (ADT)
On Mon, 29 Jul 1996 BarneyMG@aol.com wrote:

> Well, a few thousand miles later one of these is now leaking profusely and
> the other leaks a little and has very soft action.  Apple is now sending a
> third set, no charge exchange. When the next set is mounted and run for a
> while I will provide another status report.
>
> Am I in some strange oddball universe of my own, or has someone else
> encounterd some similar problem?

My front rebuilt shocks from apple have yet to leak (about a year ago?).

(knock, knock, knock)

However, the rear rebuilt shocks from Sports & Classics (CT), leaked
shortly after thay were installed!  I'm bringing them back on my next
trip to CT (girlfiend :>).

   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html