Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2
From: BarneyMG@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 04:53:15 -0400
A month ago I wrote that two front shocks for my MGA rebuilt by Apple
Hydraulics had quickly developed serious leaks, and that Apple promptly sent
another pair at no charge exchange, and after 500 miles they were doing OK.
 I have so far seen no one else report any such problems with Apple rebuilts.

Well, a few thousand miles later one of these is now leaking profusely and
the other leaks a little and has very soft action.  Apple is now sending a
third set, no charge exchange. When the next set is mounted and run for a
while I will provide another status report.

Am I in some strange oddball universe of my own, or has someone else
encounterd some similar problem?

Barney Gaylord -- 1958 MGA
Naperville, Illinois