Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Armstrong Shocks & Apple Hydraulics: failure #2
From: erasjfr@lmera.ericsson.se (Steve Foster ZD/KC)
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 96 13:07:00 +0200
I had Amstrongs that were on their last legs.
On advice (MGA expert for Owners club) I went for a pair of new MGB shocks
with MGA arms. You remove the studs since MGB shocks are too high to slide over
them. New bolts came with the shocks.
They are great and have caused me no problems in several thousand miles bumpy
UK / Swedish
motoring.
I wonder why the apperance changed from MGA to MGB....perhaps internal
construction revisions
to make them last better!

If you want trouble free damping get Apple to supply you a free set of MGB
shocks with A arms
for free after all your troubles.
That's my experience of shocks.

Steve Foster MGA (toying with the idea of a Caterham 7) Sweden.