Cleaning Rubber Bumpers

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Cleaning Rubber Bumpers
From: "Christopher M. Delling" <cdelling@mail.ic.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 10:46:11 -0400
I am set to deliver my 77 MG to the painter next week after 3 years of
work.  I am trying to figure out a way to spruce up the rubber bumpers
on the car.  I have seen cars that have had the bumpers painted in a
urethane type paint, but this is too shiney for my tastes, and as I
recall, the original finish on the bumpers was matte black anyway.  I
have tried various products that are made to restore this type of
surface, but have not been entirely happy with the result.  Anyone have
any experience in this area.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Chris Delling