Re: why LBC's are better than a spouse

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: why LBC's are better than a spouse
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 00:50:43 -0600
The people at work keep telling me to meet a woman and get married.  Then
they complain about what a pain their marriage is.  To make this non-gender
specific, I'll say spouse, not wife.  Here is my reply to them:

You can sell your car, you can't sell your spouse (at least not legally)!

No matter how bad the car is, you can always get the scrap metal value for
it ... you may net out losing money, but you can always get something back.

If you and your spouse were to get a divorce, it would continue to cost you
money.  If I sell my car, it is gone, and so are the bills.

Having said these things to many people several times, I have to realize
that I have no plans to sell any of my LBC's or even my MG-TD replica.  The
honda in my garage though, that can go.

Phil Bates
67 MGB
75 Jaguar XJ12C