Re: The relative importance of Starters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The relative importance of Starters
From: wise@db.erau.edu (John A. Wise)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 11:28:02 -0800
  >...I have an extra starter mounted on the back of my trunk.
  >Anybody else with an MGA ever use the starter crank?

In college I had a TR3 with a hand crank.  I had a frat brother who
demanded that he get to hand crank the car anytime he rode with me.

When I had my MGA, I used it occasionally when I had killed my battery.
But it's big time use was in adjusting pointsand valves.   Using the hand
crank allowed one to exactly set the engine right were you want it.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CHFP                       Tel: (+1) (904) 226-6384
Center for Aviation/Aerospace Research          Fax: (+1) (904) 226-7050
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University            E-mail: wise@db.erau.edu
600 South Clyde Morris Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114-3900      USA