Re: Anybody ever bought from...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Anybody ever bought from...
From: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: 14 Aug 1996 10:16:40 -0500
In <Pine.A32.3.90.960813211414.17792B-100000@csc.sctboces.org>, tallen wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone on the list has any experience dealing with
>Scarborough Faire in RI or Caribou Canvas in CA.  I just got the
>Scarborough Faire catalogue and was excited about their prices, until I
>noticed the price list was from 1994.  What's up wit dat?

I got excited by Scarborough Faire's prices, too, much to my regret.
I sent them an order one October totalling about $700.  They
immediately charged it to my card, including the core costs for the
exchanged bits.  About half of the material was  received the
following February (after numerous calls) and about one-fourth the
next month. When I cancelled the remaining back-order
they would not refund my money, but gave me a credit.  At that point
they had nothing that I needed in stock.

There was nothing deceptive here, if you read the fine print they tell
you very frankly how they do business.  I ended up getting what I
needed from Moss and Vicky Brit.  Prices somewhat higher, but it comes
within a week.  There are a number of independent retailers who
frequent the list who can get you a very decent discount on stuff from
the Moss catalog.  I prefer to do business that way nowadays.

                        Good luck!              A. B. Bonds