RE: Anybody ever bought from...

To: "'mg'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Anybody ever bought from...
From: "Randy Rees (Starwave)" <Randyr@starwave.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 96 09:17:00 PDT
Got a phone number for them?

 ----------
From:  mgs-owner[SMTP:mgs-owner@autox.team.net]
Sent:  Tuesday, August 13, 1996 10:31 PM
To:  tallen
Cc:  mgs

>You Wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone on the list has any experience dealing with
>Scarborough Faire in RI or Caribou Canvas in CA.  I just got the
>Scarborough Faire catalogue and was excited about their prices, until I
>noticed the price list was from 1994.  What's up wit dat?  Caribou
Canvas
>offers tops in Hemmings for $179.00, which sounds really good, if their
>decent tops.  What's anybody's opinion of a canvas top on an MGA
roadster?
>Also, I need  an interior kit, and am considering tan instead of black
>(I was given a set of tan seat covers).  Red '60 MGA with tan interior
and
>top or red '60 MGA with black interior and top, whaddya think?

I have dealt with Scarbourough Faire for a couple of years now. Their
parts
are generally less expensive than Moss or Victoria British, especially if
you
order enough to get trade prices, ( apprimately $385.00). The quality of
their parts is generally higher than Moss or Vicky. Their trim and
appearance
parts also tend to resemble the original item more often than the other
guys.
They have beautiful leather interiors for an MGA. If you are in a hurry
for
your parts, say so....They can be a little slow sometime, especially in
the
summer. Also, don't backorder from them, only order if they have the
part.
Backorders sometimes take a long time to be filled. If you have any
problems,
ask to speak to Cecelia(sp?). If you want original type parts, especially
appearance items, they are the place to go.

Randy Kegg
1958 MGA
1966 Morris Traveller
1964 Porsche 356C