Re: Several LBCs

To: "SLUPECKI A." <ajslupecki@mke9.ra.rockwell.com>
Subject: Re: Several LBCs
From: Blevins <blevins@epix.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 22:11:48 -0700
SLUPECKI A. wrote:

> I am amazed how many of you own more than one MG!
>
> Where do you put them all?
> For the married folks on the list, how were you able to 'negotiate' the
>purchase
> of so many toys?

I for one have a garage that you can do doughnuts in with my Midget and looks
empty with
the 2 MGs, my Plym Sundance, my wife's Lebaron convertible, all the the lawn
mowers,
garden equipment, and a Massey Ferguson farm tractor and plow that my Dad
bought when I
was twelve (it has a Perkins diesel engine and Lucas electrics!!!! (remember
that thread
from a few weeks ago??)). This is a 3-bay truck garage that came with the
property..22
foot tall overhead doors.. a lot of wasted head room for cars.........

As far as understanding spouses.... My wife "made" me buy the second one to get
my mind
off of work after a serious illness several years ago (She did learn to drive
in an MGA
coupe back in the late sixties) . I must admit, the shopping for it was as much
fun as
sorting it out and driving it...Heck, the daughter and son-in-law use it more
than I do.
Anyway it must be time for some more MGs.. I worked 27 hours extra on a
hardware and
software upgrade last weekend and got 3 hours comp time on Wednesday in return.
Time for
a reality check.

Dennis

77 B
76 Midget

 we thought the PC was a calculator. Then we found out how to turn numbers into
letters with ASCII-and we thought it was a typewriter. Then we discovered
graphics, and
we thought it was a television. With the World Wide Web, we realized it's just
brochure."    Douglas Adams, author, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"