Re: stupid timing question, mkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stupid timing question, mkII
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 1996 18:44:30 -0400
At 08:26 AM 8/21/96 -0400, you wrote:

>I assume my vacuum advance works fine as the timing mark does indeed advance
>when I rev the engine.  I'd estimate that it advances another 15 degrees up
>to about 4krmp and then doesn't go any further at higher rpm.  This is all
>eyeball-o-metric as we in the science business say, so... ICBW (I could be
>wrong).
>
>comments/suggestions/flames?
>
>Will "check out this strobe, baby" Zehring

I'm not sure on the following, but someone will correct me if I'm wrong.  If
I remember correctly, when setting the timing on my old '79, on which the
vaccum advance wasn't hooked up, the timing DID advance a little when the
engine was revved.  I'm not certain of the technical reasons for this, or
even if it really happened (my memory of that car has been wiped clean by my
72 <g>).  Any comments out there?

Regards,

[       JASON DUTT       ]
[ simjason@ix.netcom.com ]