Peter Burgess's Book

To: "'The MG List'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Peter Burgess's Book
From: "Brinkman, Gerry" <gerry@hostel.lincroftnj.ncr.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 96 13:38 EDT
Ulix (65hp stock) writes:

> I don't know MGB's, but he must be talking about early cams.  B power went
> from 98hp all the way down to 62.5hp (less than my Sprite, hahaha!) over
> the years.  The cam must have something to do with that?

I just finishing reading the Peter Burgess book and you have to remember
that this
book was written mainly for the English (or at least non-USA) MGBs. In the
UK, the
power of the MGB did not decrease as drastically as it did for the US
market.

Most of his references are to the UK available cams and heads.

Another good example is the Midget (1500). In the UK the engine produced
76HP verses the 55 hp for the USA model.

gerry