MGA Windshield Wiper Motor

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA Windshield Wiper Motor
From: RatiganJ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 1996 23:53:02 -0400
     I am rebuilding a 58 MGA that did not run when I aquired it. Therefore,
I do not always know if something worked before the MGA was parked.  A case
in point is the windshield wiper motor.  The wire from the electrical motor
to the gearbox was severed, which I realize must be repaired.  However, when
taking off the gearbox cover (and the round cover in which the wire goes), I
become suspecious that a piece is missing.  It seems to me that there should
be a plate between the copper contact to which the wire is soldered and the
crankpin. Otherwise, there would only be occasional electrical contact.  Does
anyone know if such is the case/  Does anyone know where a drawing of the
wiper moter internals might be found or who sells internal motor parts? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks...

      Joe Ratigan