RE: Parts Suppliers

To: All <MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET>
Subject: RE: Parts Suppliers
From: Larry Hoy <73253.1136@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 09 Sep 96 14:03:12 EDT
Christopher,

You wrote the following to Denny:

> Pierce Manifolds 1800 874 3728
> They had the lowest price I could find. If you have a problem with run on, I
> would suggest buying the idle jet cutoff solenoid ~$20. Wire it up to your
> ignition switch and you won't run on any more.
>
> Christopher Reichle

Tell me about run on.  I have a new engine, new hotter street cam, headers, and
the Weber downdraft carb.  My car had slight run on before these modifications
and major run on after these modifications.  Is this characteristic of the Weber
carb?  Is the solenoid available at a local auto parts store, or special order
(Pierce Manifolds)?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Larry
1969 MGB