TD Paint Question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Paint Question
From: rdonahue@holli.com (Robert J. Donahue)
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 1996 10:20:15 -0500 (EST)
I'm getting ready to paint my TD. As far as I can tell, it has had at least
two previous paint jobs by the DPOs. There is little evidence as to the original
color (I have my heart set on ivory anyway.). My question is: How is the
underside of the wings (front fenders) supposed to be finished? Is it supposed
to have the same paint as the top? Is it supposed to have some type of
undercoating? If undercoating, what color? I can see a dilemma here. The
underside of the wings must take a pretty good beating so you would want to
use undercoating. But it is also visible, so you would want it to look
pretty. I'm not a fanatic about exact originality, so I'm open to solutions
that have
worked out well for others.

Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
rdonahue@holli.com
53 MG-TD under DIY restoration
71 MGB still in shop, 11 months and counting