Re: Smog II -Reply

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Smog II -Reply
From: NKED65A@prodigy.com ( BOB NOGUEIRA)
Date: 15 Sep 96
-- [ From: Bob Nogueira * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

ON
> Date: Thursday, 12-Sep-96 11:32 AM
>
> Ppp:pbailey Wrote:

SNIP>
> yadda..BUT he didn't know about the  pollution credits which the big
businesses
> will be allowed to use to  pollute even more at our expense when they
"buy" our
> failed cars from  us.
---- REPLY, End of original message --------

What we need is a law which allows car owners to buy stock in a company
which is polluting , shut it down and receive credit to drive a "Gross
Polluter" .  :)
While the credit system is unfair what gauls me is that a that a 1800
car can fails the  inspection by being 10% over the limit , meanwhile a
5 liter car passing  inspection wiith a 10% margin is still putting out
over twice as much poison per mile as the failed car.
This is a result of the using a standard which measures    percent of a
cars exhaust rather than the total pollution output per mile. Sorta like
measuring fuel consumption for all cars on the basis of miles per
tankful.

Bob Nogueira  " Figures don't lie, But liars can figure"