More on paint, MGA front end

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: More on paint, MGA front end
From: PoleCat37@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 1996 22:27:30 -0400
Just read the discuussion on paint from a few days beack and felt compelled
to throw my two cents in.   We just got the '57 MGA painted.  I decided to
get it painted Rio Red, a color now available on Ford Mustangs.  The local
body shop guru mixed up some and I have to say that while tt looks pretty
good on the Mustangs, it looks absoulutely stunning on the MG.  It's the most
true red I have ever seen.  I am ordinarily a purist, but in this case I'm
willing to make an exception.

And now for something completely different.  One of the previous owners of
the MGA apparently ran into something because when we got it, it was missing
the middle piece of the front bumper, the grille, and the front end was
filled with globs and globs of putty.   We bought a replacement front end
piece and grille from VB a year or two ago and now discover that the
indedntation for the grille on the front end is wider  at the bottom than the
grille is (and this is not a minor difference that will be covered up by the
beading)  We're not quite sure which is sized incorecctly, the front end, or
the grille.  I can't imagine that they were sold new like that..
-John