Re: MG stands for? -Reply

To: donmathis@lucent.com, gallianp@onyx.xtalwind.net
Subject: Re: MG stands for? -Reply
From: Dan Hughes <Dan_Hughes@troweprice.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 10:42:45 -0500
WOW!  This is what I like about this group, you're always learning!  !But!,
after investigating your explanation I found a glaring error.  The plant
manager was from Chin-Pow, a province of China, NOT Korea.  Please, be more
careful about keeping the facts strait!

Dan "Avid Historian" Hughes

>>> <donmathis@lucent.com> 09/20/96 09:42am >>>

>subsidiary called "Lucas Logos".  The medallion was actually >supposed to be,
"MT" which stood for "Morris Tractors" but the Lucas >Logo people got it
incorrect and made it "MG".  Since manufacturing >was behind schedule, because
of a mysterious electrical problem in the >cars, they just used the "MG" logos
rather than take the time to have >more manufactured. They had planned to
changed back on the next >series of cars to be manufactured but the plant
foreman, who was >originally from Korea, liked the "MG" logo since it rhymed
with Kimchee, >a Korean delicacy of fermented cabbage. To this very day, the
>MG is known in Korea as the Kimchee.  Very few people know about >this and
>I'm pleased to finally set the record straight.

  Don Mathis,Ph.D.
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES donmathis@lucent.com
'61 MGA     '37 Bentley