Re: Freeze plug for MG TC

To: roland.schabram@sap-ag.de (Roland Schabram), mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Freeze plug for MG TC
From: Bill Harkins <wharkns@inetworld.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 1996 21:47:07 -0700 (PDT)
At 06:18 PM 9/20/96 +0200, you wrote:

 What should be
>used as cooling water just purified water or a regular coolant for a
>modern car. I do not expect any temperatures below freezing point.

For California, use only distilled water without coolant as you have a
non-sealed system. I recently heard of a source of stainless steel freeze
plugs, but the address eludes me.

I disagree with the writer that suggests a 50/50 mix of antifreeze. That is
fine for winter driving, but in 85+F. weather, you may boil over as the
antifreeze lowers the boiling point as well as lowering the freezing point
(which is irrelevant here). I'd like to see more discussion on the topic of
coolants.

Bill Harkins
Faallbrook, CA
1933 MGJ2