Distributor vacuum line for MGB

To: David_Moore@kaoinfo.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Distributor vacuum line for MGB
From: John Bartholomew <jdb70@juts.ccc.amdahl.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 96 08:04 PDT
David Moore wrote
>Subject: Distributor vacuum line for MGB

>     My 71BGT arrived without a vacuum line to the distributor.  This car
>     has AUD465 carbs.  This carb doesn't have a nipple on the back of the
>     carb body like some others that I have noticed.  There was a nipple on
>     the intake manifold closest to the firewall  that seemed to be
>     available.  However it is larger than the one on other carb bodies.  I
>     went for it but wonder about it.

>     I would buy Breakfeast for anyone with a 71 MGB in the SF Bay Area for
>     a chance to look at how all the smog equipment should look.

>    David
David,
      I am not looking for a breakfast, but you are welcome to look at one
of my B's any time, I don't have a 71 but the 69 or 72 are the same from
that respect. FYI, the vacuum hose connects to the aluminum inlet manifold
somewhere, usually a nipple somewhere near the firewall end. You need to
provide manifold vacuum to the distributor. Hope this helps.  John.
John D. Bartholomew. Amdahl San Jose CA. Ususal disclaimers apply
           408-746-6361 Voice mail      FAX 408-746-8061
1969BGT;1974MGB;1979MGB; Restored 1976 MGB;1972 MGB daily driver