Re: British Car Quality

To: RJDONAHU@mail.delcoelect.com
Subject: Re: British Car Quality
From: kboetzer@auspex.com (Ken Boetzer)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 13:34:31 -0700
SNIP of my CLEVER POSTING. ;-)
> <.
> <? Anyone have anything else to add?
> <
> <;-)
> <
> <Ken Boetzer
>
> 5) The younger generation, who have never seen the old LBCs,  will often think
>    your MG is some very exotic 150+ mph car. They really do look and sound
>that
>    fast. Now if I could only find a speedometer that goes to 200 mph.
>
> Bob Donahue, Still Stuck in the '50s
> 53 MG-TD, under DIY restoration
> 71 MGB, still in the shop, 11 months and counting

Yes, how true. My wifes best friends son used to go on about how fast the 67 'B
must
be. I finally explained that the Audi is LOTS faster than the MGB but not as
much
fun. He still has trouble with that. He's only 10 or 11 (A young 10 or 11 at
that.)
the kid may drive me nuts someday. I wish his father would get custody.
Fortunately
her daughters are VERY cool and are under my tutelage in automobiles. :-)

And Automobiles is the ONLY tutelage!  ;-)

cheers,

Ken, stuck in one set and about to enter the other set of '50s, Boetzer