heaters

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: heaters
From: rocco grillo <CAT1CAT@p3.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 23:30:28 -0700
please dont tell me that you dont need a heater in a td

i drove east coast to san francisco in january of 1955 without a heater.
everyplace that had a hole was plugged with socks underwear and whatever

i contiplated building a fire.  had string  keeping the side curtains
from bowing out ... that was when i was really stupid. i've smarten up
and i dropped the really.

how many btu are required to be comfortable when its 10 degrees f.
j.c. whitney offers 2 that i think will fit
7x7x7 inches at about 15000 btu
8x8x8 inches at about 25000 btu
for the small difference in price i'm leaning toward the larger one
but
not much room down there
would appreciate some help on this one

spark plugs .... if the glaze on the insulator is not cracked or
broken or worn out   the sparking plug is alive and will work fine.

for my money i would keep those abrasive cleaners away.
hard to get the plugs clean, that abrasive stuff feels like emery powder
and you don't need that honing your cylinders and bearings

lets compare the ford model A with a 25 year newer td
i love the td but the A was a marvel.
ciao
rocky in pa