Daytrip

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Daytrip
From: TheSkinny@aol.com
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 01:18:47 -0400
Hi all

Took a daytrip from Chico to Danville CA, including some backroads today.
 Yipee!!  Its been a while since I have had my Midget on a trip longer than
back & forth to work.  Top down the whole way, weather was perfect, the car
didn't miss a beat.  Spent the day at the Behring Automobile museum.  Lots of
very beautiful classic cars, but only one MG :-(  .  Last year I did a loop
through the Feather River Canyon which is alot of mountain driving, but this
was the first Freeway trip since the rebuilt engine & 5 speed tranny upgrade
last year.  The trip was about 400 miles.  I got about 27 mpg cruising at
75-80 mph.  Taller rear end & the 5 speed make a big difference, because
before the rebuild I only got about 23mpg. (BTW, this is really good mileage
considering the cam & DCOE Weber).  Used about 2/3 quart of oil, which seems
high, but I'm pretty sure some is getting by the valve guides, puff of smoke
at startup.
I guess I'm rambling.  So just one more thing.  On the way home I spotted a
62 MkI Midget for sale.  Stopped & looked at it. Older decent repaint &
interior redone.  Talked to the owners daughter, she didn't know much about
the car, but I did get the price.  It seems very fair at $2750.  E-mail me if
you want the phone number.

Safety Really Fast!
David Riker
69 Midget